Pages

Sunday 18 October 2020

The Sunday Blog # 237

 Today is the Sunday 

The 18th of October 2020 ,

The 30th of Safar 1442 H

till the Sunset ( 6:02 pm ; Karachi☠️)

And this is my the Sunday Blog #237 ( Two Hundred and thirty seven ) .


Yes the Rabi ul Awwal 1442 H Moon was sighted for Saudi Arabic on Friday Sunset 🌇 But was not sighted even a day later on Saturday Sunset for Karachi☠️ the most dangerous city in the world . This means that there will be a two days difference between the two . And that the first of Rabi ul Awwal 1442 H will be on Sunday after Sunset (-------) and mostly on Monday . And the  Eid milad (Saw) will be on the Friday the 30th of October 2020 and will not coincide with the guru ji's Happy Birthday Celebrations. WoW ! 


Okay by the Way ...the next full moon is on the 31st of October  2020 at 19:49 

So I suspect this moon not sighting to be a bit more scientific . 

Moon Waxing Crescent 

1.5 %  at midnight .


Anyways .... There are much bigger issues this week so let's not wrangle so much on the mare moon date and let us begin the Sunday Blog # 237 ( Two Hundred and thirty seven ) .


So first of All .....



The Politics : 


Somehow ever since the former mayor of Karachi ☠️ , the most dangerous city in the world, 

Left the office after the completion of his four years term in office . And with him all the city council and zonal municipal councils and town union councils vanished and councilor retired . Suddenly the political activity started with religious and political parties doing rallies every weekend in my home town . 

The Jamshed town . The only town of Karachi ☠️ , the most dangerous city in the world , 

Which is officially recognised by the Indian hallucinating Media with Mr @arifaajakia as it's Mayor . 


Correction pls..Karachi has 18 Towns, every town has a mayor & then there is Lord Mayor of Karachi City. I was deputy mayor of Jamshed Town, Karachi, the most populous town of Pakistan at that time (1.17 mil), from 2005-2006 & then became mayorof Jamshed Town 2006-2007.


Anyways , 

So what started with the Takfiri really one hot Sunday ...has now reached the climax with a PDM ( push me down ) really hosted by Hospitalized Mr Zardari Inc . 

Opposite the mazar e Quaid behind The Lines Area . 

And the Numaish Roundabout. The fairytale has it that if there is any unusual activity at the Regiment 111 of the Pakistani Army ...the first signs appear here or the Sandhursts Royal Academy.( Way back in time ) 


On 12th October 1999 after Sunset I was at Thomas & Thomas, Saddar Karachi ☠️ the most dangerous city in the world,

When it all started , I was looking at the interesting book titles and covers as usual ....having no clue at all . I took the usual seat at usual bus and came home the other way not through the Numaish Roundabout , or I may have lived the fairytale , instead I stopped at a store after getting off the bus and bought an ice cream 🍡 came home to a Ptv jam playing back to back Naheed Akhter LP   

I am sure I fall asleep before ...Merey Aziz Hum Watno ...and read the preposterous First Provisional Constitutional Order  PCO 1 in the newspaper ...after the morning tea. 


After the pokran Nuclear blasts over a year earlier I had clearly realised that ...I have the freedom to have any colour I want as long as it is black ...and Since Usmani RIP who was already in the gutter was dragged out and put at the Wrong end of Zamzama . 

so I once again choose to be the Vicar of the Bray ...and go with the flow . 

Those were the fun days but honestly I never realized when and how I became a Buridan's Ass ., In military accounts .

You cannot play catch 22 with them . It's either you are with them or you are on your own . 

I am sure the news may have reached you that the Resignation of the SAPm and allegedly owner of Papa Jones in Pakistan was eventually accepted by the PM . That is what I have been trying to learn all these years since dropping out of the law school . You can't say yes or no to military no matter who you think you are ...as and when you please 


In case you have missed my previous years Sunday Blogs ...my dear siblings fairytale is much funnier than Khan's . 


When they were determined not to give my dear Ammi ( may her soul rest in peace in jannah Amen 🙏) and after her, the siblings their share ...nothing could be done except saying that ...we don't want it ...you do what you think is right ...

Still they delayed , went to court , harrassed , pilorized and even asked for the marriage certificate ( nikahnama) from a grieving Widow ....that was certainly extremely way too low .


And when they decided for whatever the reason after her ( May her Soul rest in peace in Jannah Amen 🤲)  that my dear siblings should get their share ....there was nothing in the world , I or anybody could do to prevent them from giving . 


If only the French philosopher had considered the Retired Military or the forth graders into his Buridan's Ass hypothesis ...his Ass would have died of anything but starvation . 


Some prefers the twisted fairytales not sure why but they do ....


So anyways ...people get busy in their lives and move on ....and sometimes even forget most of the things they hated about someone . after surviving and averting a conflict or crisis

This happens so often in politics and especially the parliamentary politics that people especially the Voter begin to get less and less interested in their rhetoric and is more interested in their moves and stands . 


In 2013 , general elections . Pakistani Military , elected mian Mohammed Nawaz Sharif for the third time ....Regardless of how much he paid for it . It is now very obvious that CPEC was on the table and greed was in the air . And Khan was not fully tamed or his Haram trusted .


I don't know if anybody remember or even heard my reaction to his sworing in . 

But I was certain that his pride will increase after the next fall . 

A Republican Government in the Whitehouse is always good for Pakistan . It brings prosperity and much needed Stability . But Trump was way way better than I had expected . 

Don't you think it seems a little odd that despite having a global business empire and partnerships overseas Trump and his family were found not have made it to the Panama papers saga .








دیشب که تو از مهر ببام آمده بودی

دیدم که به از ماه تمام آمده بودی


dishab ke tu az mehr babam aamada bodi

didam ke beh az maahe tamaam aamada bodi


Last night when you sprang over the terrace,

I witnessed you are far superior to the beauty of moon.


تا شمع شب افروز رخت خلق ببیند

با جلوهٔ صبح از سر شام آمده بودی


taa sham-e shab afrooz rokhat khalq bebinad

baa jilva-e sobh az sar shaam aamada bodi


For people that linger to see your flickering candle face,

You manifest at dusk with the comeliness of artistic dawn.


گویا ز فلک ماه به زمین آمده امشب

چون دیده گشودم تو ببام آمده بودی


goya ze falak maah ba zamin aamada imshab

choon dida gshoodam to babaam aamada bodi


Insinuated like a moon’s visit to earth last night,

Astounded I opened my eyes to behold your glimpse.


مردم نگران من و من خود به تو حیران

تو بهر تماشای کدام آمده بودی


mardom negaraan man-o man khod ba tu hairaan

tu bahr tamaashai kodam aamada bodi.


People flock to behold me but I stand dazzled by you,

Which of these did you come to spectate?


Nine year after Bin Laden 

Three US Sec of States later 

Suddenly a song video of Zeb and Haniya part of a Indian music series The Dewarist pops up this week out of the blue with the first verse of this poem by an Afghan poet .

Now What choice do I have ? 

Even the girls singer duo break up long time ago ....and lived HAPPILY EVERAFTER !!




So some analyst are trying to learn the similarities between this Army bashing by Nawaz and all the previous ones . 


Some short sighted even compared it with the very recent Minus One leader and founder of MQM . 

I don't think so ....


Sooner or later both Nawaz and Zardari is going to die . Their business will go bankrupt and the party will break into many factions . The rural people are very different from the city people . They don't support the losers . They prefer the powerful , the one who shows his power quite often . The city folks don't care about personal wealth of a politician ..all they care about is themselves and their little little everyday problems . 


So far no date has been announced for a military observed election . Local or national so it is too early to predict how the political setup will emerge .

Surprisingly , MQM did not do well enough to claim it's post minus one status of a military favorite party . But then nobody was sure in the previous general election . And now this issue of the renting of Karachi ☠️ the most dangerous city in the world ,

Islands to China absolutely disturbed the political climate . Nobody knows for sure the real intentions of the Chinese and the amount of money they are willing to spend here . 


The Karachi islands are so close to the mainland that whatever happens on the islands under China influence will surely make a huge impact on the Karachi☠️ . The most Dangerous city in the world.



Okay it's too late ...I have to recharge the battery and have breakfast and pray with a prayer for my dearly departed parents Papa and Ammi




May the dear merciful Lord All Mighty Allah have mercy on my dearly departed parents Papa and Ammi and may they be blessed by the dear merciful Lord All Mighty Allah and Their Souls may rest in peace in heaven. Amen!



Puisse le cher Seigneur miséricordieux Tout-Puissant Allah avoir pitié de mes chers parents papa et Ammi et qu'ils soient bénis par le cher Seigneur miséricordieux Tout-Puissant Allah et leurs âmes puissent reposer en paix au paradis. Amen!


5:45 am Break ! 



10:12 am Good Morning ! 


So First 


The Weather :


It's been a rollercoaster ride all the way this week . At first it seemed as if the Winter has finally arrived . Even the beef paya Sunday special announced a comeback for today . 

But one thing is for sure ...it's been very Winter dry all week night or day ...even when I was sweating in the Sun 🌞 in the afternoon cutting trees or doing the gardening ...my nose was extremely dry in the inside and I had to apply parafin cream on the feet . The room digital clock thermometer did move down two ° but took a u turn after two days and yesterday it went a degree higher to 34°C .



There was a very spooky cloud cover all over Pakistan yesterday during the Ruet committee meeting and the IMD / skymet post Corona All male staff says the push was from the Arabian sea but the pull was from Bay of Bengal . 


Anyways, 

Here is the first tweet of the day , Sunday,


Sun 30th Safar 1442 H

34°C (😭)

9:55 am Good Morning ! 

Sunny 🌞 clear sky ...there was no chance of a precipitation anyways ...no breakfast ...will have the Sunday brunch in few hours inshallah . Back to Sunday Blogging ...



10:35 am Tea Break ! 




10:44 am Okay I believe this is magic . One of my dear elder siblings , put corn to dry in the sun ...and it's mostly cloudy in just one hour or less . Can't believe this . 


Breaking News : jacinda won the New Zealand again and Shaniera rejoice a clean sea view Wasim Akram is sad #Guldozer 




 


The Neighbourhood : 


Yes indeed it is peaceful and quiet . There is a Govt Supported Rally nearby ...yesterday the builder made so much racket once again with a machine diggers and dumpers that I was not even able to hear my own thoughts ...but look now the mpa hostel has called the know it all fix up guy and he began with a two arm salute for the check post . After days of heavy sneezing the neighbors heavily armed guard ( Google App) left as a missing persons . So the cigarette smoking temp is back on our kerb after two days and nights of vacancy . He is not smoking the same or maybe the wind is blowing the secondhand smoke away from me ....the Friday Juma Mubarak sermon was also not heard clearly so it must be the rotated wind direction .

The new neighbors moved in finally and the Dawlance AC started making money for the Chinese Electric Company . So far I haven't smelled any cooking or reheating from over the wall . Yesterday there was restaurants rider from neighbouring town seen searching from their door . So I guess there is not much of a chance of a heavy kitchen activity from there . So far no police activity has been observed as suggested by the (Google App) except for the car stickers from Plaza . 


Oh my .....that is just tmi 

💅


Ghoom Taana Taana-naa-naana Ghoom Taana-na-x4.


Phones ringing....got to check if somebody at the gate . 

BRB ...



No just landline ...


Oh by the way this just in ....



PTCL and Ufone gets a Matthew as a New CEO ....the removal of khans has began ....Azarbaijan Vows 

😊


Pope Says ; #fratelliTutti 


We need to develop the awareness that nowadays we are either all saved together or no one is saved. #Poverty, decadence and suffering in one part of the earth are a breeding ground for problems that will end up affecting the entire planet. #FratelliTutti #EndPoverty



The Sunday Brunch ! 


The hall remains motionless and silent even after the landline ringing ....

The small chickpea ( White gram ) is now over soaked . Will probably make hummus instead . 

We are absolutely out of milk so I need to make a quick trip to the market soon or my dear siblings will throw me out of the home 

Foodpanda 🐼 shop has Rs 99 / - DC which seems a little unfair for a Rs 150/- carton of milk 


Aha finally the touch sound of the microwave dial pad . 

I am rescued ... ALLAH ho Akbar ...God is Great ! 

So I better get up and get out of the bed and pray with a prayer for my dearly departed parents Papa and Ammi



May the dear merciful Lord All Mighty Allah have mercy on my dearly departed parents Papa and Ammi and may they be blessed by the dear merciful Lord All Mighty Allah and Their Souls may rest in peace in heaven. Amen!



Puisse le cher Seigneur miséricordieux Tout-Puissant Allah avoir pitié de mes chers parents papa et Ammi et qu'ils soient bénis par le cher Seigneur miséricordieux Tout-Puissant Allah et leurs âmes puissent reposer en paix au paradis. Amen!


12:52 pm Break ! 


2:57 pm 













A4:15 pm after eating the spicy Chaat my dry nose opened up for some time but now it's back to the same dry and blocked . Also I am very sleepy so I am not sure if I can stay up or will fall down the very next minute .,.........😴


5:52 pm yes I fall asleep and woke up to a very quiet not definitely peaceful Sunday evening ...

After realizing that it's Asr time I got out of the bed ...look myself in the mirror tried to shave with an old razor then had a quick bath and prayed 🛐 with a prayer for my dearly departed parents Papa and Ammi


May the dear merciful Lord All Mighty Allah have mercy on my dearly departed parents Papa and Ammi and may they be blessed by the dear merciful Lord All Mighty Allah and Their Souls may rest in peace in heaven. Amen!



Puisse le cher Seigneur miséricordieux Tout-Puissant Allah avoir pitié de mes chers parents papa et Ammi et qu'ils soient bénis par le cher Seigneur miséricordieux Tout-Puissant Allah et leurs âmes puissent reposer en paix au paradis. Amen!


So now I am waiting for the sunset and Maghrib prayer azan . Not having the tea because it's just a few minutes left . 

The gol gappay wala is playing the loudspeaker on his push cart at the full volume a block away but I can hear it in my locked door room with fan on ...the street is that quiet . Some merry old soul is teaching his kids to aim and shoot with an air gun ...somewhere in the neighborhood rooftops . Told ya Karachi☠️ the most dangerous city in the world,

😜

Okay the Azan starts so here I take a break for prayers with a prayer for my dearly departed parents Papa and Ammi


May the dear merciful Lord All Mighty Allah have mercy on my dearly departed parents Papa and Ammi and may they be blessed by the dear merciful Lord All Mighty Allah and Their Souls may rest in peace in heaven. Amen!



Puisse le cher Seigneur miséricordieux Tout-Puissant Allah avoir pitié de mes chers parents papa et Ammi et qu'ils soient bénis par le cher Seigneur miséricordieux Tout-Puissant Allah et leurs âmes puissent reposer en paix au paradis. Amen!



6:03 pm Break ! 


Sun 1st Rabi ul Awwal 1442 H 

34°C

8:47 pm Good Evening ! 


So soon after the Maghrib prayers with a prayer for my dearly departed parents Papa and Ammi


May the dear merciful Lord All Mighty Allah have mercy on my dearly departed parents Papa and Ammi and may they be blessed by the dear merciful Lord All Mighty Allah and Their Souls may rest in peace in heaven. Amen!



Puisse le cher Seigneur miséricordieux Tout-Puissant Allah avoir pitié de mes chers parents papa et Ammi et qu'ils soient bénis par le cher Seigneur miséricordieux Tout-Puissant Allah et leurs âmes puissent reposer en paix au paradis. Amen!



The Happy Birthday 🎈🎂🎉



I changed into cap and Mask and left ....home ...first checked the road to the rally ground ...the cars and buses that brought the participants were parked up to the najeeb center . McDonald's 🍔was open and so was rehmat e Shirin and Zahid Nihari . I bought the dinner takeaway ...and a cake for my sister's happy birthday according to the Islamic lunar calenders . Since she celebrate my both birthday s I celebrate her both especially this one ....it's fun because even NASA 🥣 cann't plan . 


So here I was a loaded potato gladly walking towards the home ...when I saw a welcome party all set with mobile cameras on at the corner . I realized some has happened and then I saw the flames on the first floor of the house on the corner . I also took out the mobile ...made a video but it was too dark ...then as I could not wait because there were too many takeaway shoppers on me ...some hot ...some hotter and then there was cake . 


So coming home I break the breaking news to the dear siblings ...and showed them the video and stills I took of the scene ...they rushed out to check for themselves and I got time to unbox and take pictures of the dinner ....

Smart ? 😁

When they came I left to bath and change .

Then I prayed 🛐 with a prayer for my dearly departed parents Papa and Ammi


May the dear merciful Lord All Mighty Allah have mercy on my dearly departed parents Papa and Ammi and may they be blessed by the dear merciful Lord All Mighty Allah and Their Souls may rest in peace in heaven. Amen!



Puisse le cher Seigneur miséricordieux Tout-Puissant Allah avoir pitié de mes chers parents papa et Ammi et qu'ils soient bénis par le cher Seigneur miséricordieux Tout-Puissant Allah et leurs âmes puissent reposer en paix au paradis. Amen!



That was the Isha prayer  so now I was relaxed ...and I joined them for dinner . Dear Siblings were enjoying and were happy with the dinner especially the Walnut Halwa ...dear sister thought that she cannot chew it ...but I told her that it's cooked and soft to chew so she tried it and told that it is soft ...
























After the dinner when it was confirmed that the fire 🔥 in the neighborhood was out 

We cut the cake and took the pictures cutting it for Facebook friends . 


So as usual my dear elder brother made a plate for the new born 💙 kittens and topped it with Zahid's Maghaz Nihari . They all followed him back inside and hide in my room 🐾🐾🐾 as I returned to put the mobile on charging ...I got a shock of my life ....I screamed...and scared them away ...so this was the last time ...from now on I will have to keep the door shut especially when I am sleeping in the morning or I will wake up with ....yak ! 

Shivers mi timber !! 



9:44 pm Break ! 



10 :50 pm

The Holy Month of Safar :

So the holy month of the Islamic lunar calendar came to an end . honestly Contrary to the general belief that it attracts bad omen and tragic chain of events sometime and especially on the last Wednesday .
Even though we took all the precautions and prayed and avoided unnecessary travels still I must say that month started with the blessings and ended with the blessings .
Kids who were seeking jobs got hired .
Kids who were seeking admissions , got admissions to the professional university.
The month ended or may have even got engaged to be married .  But that does not make any difference ...soon they will inshallah !
The kid with expensive mobile illness showed signs of improvement .
I was not informed of the monetary gains but I am sure somebody won a lottery or prizebond as well only this past month of Safar. And the best thing was that Mulla Adil was killed by unknown assailants on the go. Imagine how much mess it would have made otherwise.
SO IN DOLLAR TERMS $$
The Holy Month of Safar was really good for the family and friends.

The Movies ;

This week I watched only three movies because it was the holy month of Safar . Not any other reason in particular .

1. Shaitan ( 2010) Rerun . Originally it was rated 7 Stars and I think I should stick with it after the rerun .

2. Look for the silver lining ( 1949). Rated 10 Stars it is a golden oldie ...and I watched a lot of the movies of that era both in Cinema and on weekends television sitting on the laps of my dearly departed Ammi ( may her soul rest in peace in jannah Amen 🙏) at both places .I loved tap dancing when I was very young , I even had those metal pieces nailed in my shoe . I am not sure when and why I gave it up ...I never believed in sticking to just one art form when you can persue so many one by one . .
The movie is a memorable one ...and I will watch it again .

3. Gentleman prefers blonde ( 1953) Rated 10 Stars .
It's funny and witty and educational . I had many innocent laughs even an lol few times . Loved it .

Yes this is it from the moves this ....

The Soaps :
Most of the regular soaps I watch during the week and at the weekend were shot in hospitals ...this week . Not sure if it was a coincidence or just plain bad luck .

In muqaddar on Geo sardar Saif got shot and in hospital

In bandhay aik dur se....on Geo Umers Mom and dad had an accident .

In mehrposh ...on Geo ...ayat faked her illness but did not go to the hospital

In Turkish Bizm hikaya on urdu1 tv . Fiza was pregnant and her three young siblings were zinc poisoned fainted and we're rushed to a hospital by family.

And in kuzey guney ..the Turkish soap on drama central ...Ms banu brought the hospital home ....


Sadly I have not watched any episode of the Turkish weekend soap on urdu1 and for me on drama central ...yes tatli intikam or in urdu ek hassen intiqam ....so I cannot say if anyone of the main characters were in hospital or not but sure last week they had fertility test and disclosed about not pregnant . 

Anyways mehru her is killing ayat just like mehrunisa killed Sitara ...😜

Who has written this series and why ? 


Okay
It's time so I take a break here and will do the ending after the midnight

11:58 pm Break .

Okay then it's time to finish this my the Sunday Blog # 237 ( Two Hundred and thirty seven)

I wanted to post and share a song and dance video from the movies of the week I watched ...but it's almost an hour and I can't find it probably due to copyright issues ...but anyways in the end I choose a song video by the Corrs a girl band from my times but then I stumbled upon this NSYNC song video which is also from the same era and is also one of my very favorite ...

So enjoy it !

See ya next week if we survived the biryani and Nihari the first week of the holy month of Rabiulawwal 1442 H

Four more years for President Trump

God Bless America 🙏

Allah Hafiz !

Hey, hey
Bye bye bye, bye bye
Bye bye


I'm doing this tonight
You're probably gonna start a fight
I know this can't be right
Hey baby come on
I loved you endlessly
When you weren't there for me
So now it's time to leave and make it alone


I know that I can't take no more
It ain't no lie
I want to see you out that door
Baby bye bye bye


Don't want to be a fool for you
Just another player in your game for two
You may hate me but it ain't no lie
Baby bye bye bye
Bye bye
Don't really want to make it tough
I just want to tell you that I've had enough
It might sound crazy but it ain't no lie
Baby bye bye bye


You just hit me with the truth
Now girl you're more than welcome to
So give me one good reason
Baby come on
I've lived for you and me
And now I really come to see
That life would be much better once you're gone


I know that I can't take no more
It ain't no lie
I want to see you out that door
Baby bye bye bye


Don't want to be a fool for you
Just another player in your game for two
You may hate me but it ain't no lie
Baby bye bye bye
Bye bye
Don't really want to make it tough
I just want to tell you that I've had enough
Might sound crazy but it ain't no lie
Baby bye bye bye


I'm giving up I know for sure
I don't' want to be the reason for your love no more
Bye bye
I'm checking out, I'm signing off
I don't want to be the loser, and I've had enough


I don't want to be your fool in this game for two
So I'm leaving you behind
(Bye bye bye)
I don't want to make it tough
(Make it tough)
But I've had enough
And it ain't no lie


Don't want to be a fool for you
Just another player in your game for two
I don't want to be your fool
But it ain't no lie
Baby bye bye bye
Bye bye
Don't really want to make it tough
I just want to tell you that I've had enough
It might sound crazy but it ain't no lie
Bye bye


Hey, hey
Bye bye bye, bye bye
Bye bye


I'm doing this tonight
You're probably gonna start a fight
I know this can't be right
Hey baby come on
I loved you endlessly
When you weren't there for me
So now it's time to leave and make it alone


I know that I can't take no more
It ain't no lie
I want to see you out that door
Baby bye bye bye


Don't want to be a fool for you
Just another player in your game for two
You may hate me but it ain't no lie
Baby bye bye bye
Bye bye
Don't really want to make it tough
I just want to tell you that I've had enough
It might sound crazy but it ain't no lie
Baby bye bye bye


You just hit me with the truth
Now girl you're more than welcome to
So give me one good reason
Baby come on
I've lived for you and me
And now I really come to see
That life would be much better once you're gone


I know that I can't take no more
It ain't no lie
I want to see you out that door
Baby bye bye bye


Don't want to be a fool for you
Just another player in your game for two
You may hate me but it ain't no lie
Baby bye bye bye
Bye bye
Don't really want to make it tough
I just want to tell you that I've had enough
Might sound crazy but it ain't no lie
Baby bye bye bye


I'm giving up I know for sure
I don't' want to be the reason for your love no more
Bye bye
I'm checking out, I'm signing off
I don't want to be the loser, and I've had enough


I don't want to be your fool in this game for two
So I'm leaving you behind
(Bye bye bye)
I don't want to make it tough
(Make it tough)
But I've had enough
And it ain't no lie


Don't want to be a fool for you
Just another player in your game for two
I don't want to be your fool
But it ain't no lie
Baby bye bye bye
Bye bye
Don't really want to make it tough
I just want to tell you that I've had enough
It might sound crazy but it ain't no lie
Bye bye




1 comment: