Pages

Sunday 20 September 2020

The Sunday Blog # 233

 Today  is the Sunday 

20th September 2020

2nd Safar 1442H 

till the Sunset 

( 6:30 pm ; Karachi ) 

And this is my the Sunday Blog # 233 ( two hundred and thirty three)



So the Muharram 1442 H , ended very Peacefully . When the whole country and continent is burning , what really matters is that you are at peace within . 

With a little help from the well wishers I discovered that I am at peace ☮️ within . So I ended a War and moved on . 

In dollar 💲terms this Muharram was a just as hopeless as the last year . No Haleem / Khichra Niaz on

Nineth , Ashura , 11th or 12th , weekend , Sunday . 

The closest we got to it was sometime in the end of October 2019 . Due to the not normal hot weather outside and my sweaty self , I have stop complaining . If only you could see the food pictures of that Khichra of the last of October 2019 , you will know how much I let go of my natural self . 







It was a Sunday . And you know that on a Sunday , I can't help , I can't help it ,  just simply can't . And I expect not to be expected to Cook , clean, Shop or join . 

I prefer to have less distractions  Especially the smells of cooking or cooked. 

Even if I supress my hunger or desire to eat .... I have to get up and check . If it is cooking alright ...not burning or something and also take food pictures ...that is definitely very distracting . Time consuming also . 

Once I take a break from this my the Sunday Blog ...it breaks the continuity of thoughts and most of the time thoughts can be replaced by new thoughts and ideas . . Eating makes me drowsy and sweaty . So you can imagine . It is funny though , that most of the time , I blog better and faster ...after sleeping . 


So as I was saying the Muharram 1442H ended peacefully . The Safar moon was fixed . There was absolutely no room to move . On the Sunset of 29th the new moon was over 26 hour old . But how unfortunate a town can be ...even this was not sighted in Karachi ☠️ the most dangerous city in the world , due the cloud cover that was without precipitation . Hell no why us ? 


The price of eggs 🥚this week is Rs 140/- 



There was no rain or Thunderstorm or both this week all across far and wide of the Godforsaken town . 


Suddenly I feel very sleepy....


Good Night 


1:18 pm Break 



6:19 am Good Morning ! 

Yes this is amazing I have had a few hours sleep 😴 and woke up for fajr prayers with a prayer for my dearly departed parents Papa and Ammi 


May the dear merciful Lord All Mighty Allah have mercy on my dearly departed parents Papa and Ammi and may they be blessed by the dear merciful Lord All Mighty Allah and Their Souls may rest in peace in heaven. Amen!



Puisse le cher Seigneur miséricordieux Tout-Puissant Allah avoir pitié de mes chers parents papa et Ammi et qu'ils soient bénis par le cher Seigneur miséricordieux Tout-Puissant Allah et leurs âmes puissent reposer en paix au paradis. Amen!




Here is the morning mood tweet 


Sun 2nd Safar 1442H

34°C

6:15 am Good Morning ! 

got up a little while ago 

Had bath 

Prayed 🛐

made tea☕

No breakfast yet 

Sunrise 6:20 am



At 1:18 am when I took the break , I was almost asleep 😴 and then in that state a few minutes later ...I begin to hear gun shots ...not sure if it was real or in my dream ...the neighborhood seems quite normal and very peaceful quiet ...nothing unusual ...so it must be a first wedding of the season since the reopening of the marriage lawns . Anybody interested ? I am free with a 20% discount . 😜


Yes the last signs of the Pandemic Covid-19 Corona lockdown , the Schools and marriage lawns and halls reopened this week . And since the Muharram is also gone we will probably have a full activity resumed in a week or two . 


So what did we learn with the closure of the day and night activity ? 


Honestly , I drop out from both a very long time ago . And I never felt sorry or regret . 


Many times over the years, I did feel weak and seriously thought about going back but then I look around and saw the people around me , especially the nuclear or post nuclear families and their kids ...and I saw no point in giving others , familiar or stranger a free hand to make me feel miserable . Small and useless . 

Have you ever wondered why , in a class of 30 - 60 students , everybody cares about the empty chair or vacant seat , nobody cares about the ones who came first or left the last . A teacher's head moves , pen pauses for an extra moment when there is no reply or "absent" heard at the roll call 


Similarly , at a function if all your nuclear or biological family is sitting at a table , not just the host but every other miserable guest will ask them about the missing "you" as if you have broken the curfew by not being there or have moved to the other side of the bridge ( this phrase has a slightly different meaning here in Karachi☠️ the most dangerous city in the world) . 

And most of the time your family begins to feel embarrassed because of you while you are at home in your jammies watching your favorite show and eating the food you can digest and as much as you can . 

When my dearly departed parents Papa and Ammi


May the dear merciful Lord All Mighty Allah have mercy on my dearly departed parents Papa and Ammi and may they be blessed by the dear merciful Lord All Mighty Allah and Their Souls may rest in peace in heaven. Amen!



Puisse le cher Seigneur miséricordieux Tout-Puissant Allah avoir pitié de mes chers parents papa et Ammi et qu'ils soient bénis par le cher Seigneur miséricordieux Tout-Puissant Allah et leurs âmes puissent reposer en paix au paradis. Amen!


Turned Seventy+(70+) , they stopped going to weddings , parties and funeral lunches but the invitations didn't stop and neither did the functions 

So for many many years I even got the main course doggy bags to sleep on it . My siblings , cousins and their in-laws begin to hate me and I , myself begin  to feel Privileged , taller , Euphoric . 


I sure do miss those special doggy bags 


At my dearly departed Ammi's (May her soul rest in peace in jannah Amen 🙏) Chehlum ceremony a few years ago I was standing watching over the waiter . As soon as the dinner was served , he started making a doggy bag for himself and by the time it was the time to leave ...his doggy bag was so huge he needed help to carry it to the rickshaw or cab he called . The food was really great especially the steam chicken ...I am sure his family and friends must have enjoyed it a lot . 

That day I realized that he probably takes a doggy bag home every day of the season 😭😂


God Bless America ! 🦅


9:47 am So far I have eaten a samosa and a baloshahi with a cup of tea☕ which is more than the quantity and calorie of my regular breakfast or meal ...yet it was just a on the go snack ....amazing isn't it ? 


Today I am so glad that I sleep during the night and woke up for fajr Prayers with a prayer for my dearly departed parents Papa and Ammi 

May the dear merciful Lord All Mighty Allah have mercy on my dearly departed parents Papa and Ammi and may they be blessed by the dear merciful Lord All Mighty Allah and Their Souls may rest in peace in heaven. Amen!



Puisse le cher Seigneur miséricordieux Tout-Puissant Allah avoir pitié de mes chers parents papa et Ammi et qu'ils soient bénis par le cher Seigneur miséricordieux Tout-Puissant Allah et leurs âmes puissent reposer en paix au paradis. Amen!


Since I only got only four hours of sleep and it is extremely Quiet both inside out due to yet another protest by the Mulla' in the neighborhood , so I guess I better complete my sleep😴



10:00 am Break ! 


1:16 pm Good Afternoon ! 

Yes I woke up to the Azan and somebody in the neighborhood opening the lid of Biryani hot pot ..it did not last long but gave a very refreshing feel . I checked the construction site but there was no such activity . After months of mutation on the empty plot the builder started digging with the help of machines . No he did not hit oil but it seems that there is water at twenty feet ...very surprising because the boring company that usually dig Wells for water usually goes hundred to two hundred feets and still no water or it drys in few days . And here the builder is using two pumps day and night since Thursday and still he has to work in water . Maybe he is just entertaining the neighbors by breaking the water and sewerage board connections to the plot . 


So after four hours sleep earlier now I had three hours very sound sleep 😴 because there was no kitchen activity , chatting or Chaapa .

The siblings were either sleeping or on net . Life is gradually returning . I heard the microwave signal just now .

My back is not fully okay yet I feel pain when I change posture or lift something . Just like now as I am lying down straight in bed , I don't feel a thing but when I will try to get up I will , when I walk I will , when jump I will , when I get up from chair after an hour I will . For one or two days I missed reciting the holy Quran only . Before this pain I was doing one para a day and two on weekend and Sunday off . Now it's just one a day . I finished thirteenth yesterday 

This time I am not just reading it , I am  also trying to improve my accent . Once or twice I read it aloud so my ears can also hear ...


Okay I hear voices from the table ...Facebook Meetup time ... can't eat till after maghrib ...


So I take a prayer break with a prayer for my dearly departed parents Papa and Ammi


May the dear merciful Lord All Mighty Allah have mercy on my dearly departed parents Papa and Ammi and may they be blessed by the dear merciful Lord All Mighty Allah and Their Souls may rest in peace in heaven. Amen!



Puisse le cher Seigneur miséricordieux Tout-Puissant Allah avoir pitié de mes chers parents papa et Ammi et qu'ils soient bénis par le cher Seigneur miséricordieux Tout-Puissant Allah et leurs âmes puissent reposer en paix au paradis. Amen!


2:03 pm Break ! 


3:37 pm yes interesting very interesting ...most of the thoughts , ideas and hunches I put down were seconded by the group . The Facebook Meetup ended with the Chaapa . 

Yes the Chaapa started . So now I am totally free till the next prayer time . Almost two hours . 

I made up my mind that I would not eat at all till maghrib but look I ate a full crispy Paratha with a non cheese egg omelette and tea ☕ 





After that I was so sweaty that I had to bath again before the prayer . 

So after the prayer with a prayer for my dearly departed parents Papa and Ammi 


May the dear merciful Lord All Mighty Allah have mercy on my dearly departed parents Papa and Ammi and may they be blessed by the dear merciful Lord All Mighty Allah and Their Souls may rest in peace in heaven. Amen!



Puisse le cher Seigneur miséricordieux Tout-Puissant Allah avoir pitié de mes chers parents papa et Ammi et qu'ils soient bénis par le cher Seigneur miséricordieux Tout-Puissant Allah et leurs âmes puissent reposer en paix au paradis. Amen!


I feel very drowsy and though I feel over ambitious that I could do this my the Sunday Blog # 233 ( Two Hundred and thirty three) for over two hours continuously my vision is getting blurred and I am getting cold ...in few minutes the mobile could fall from my hand and I will roll stretch and fall asleep 😴 



I think I need to refill my cup of tea ☕...get fresh air and see what has been ordered from the foodpanda 🐼 App . 


Kids are in the next phase of their lives they have completed their University education and are now starting jobs . Soon they will get married have kids of their own . And me and my siblings will be back at the bottom of the ladder . 


New Lords new laws ..,


Learning the tips and tricks to make the young devils smile and sing our praise . The art of affective babysitting . 


Oh my ... I could do a series of blogs on this topic from my past experiences .  


You won't believe McDonald's use to give cool toys with every Happy meal ™️

I collected a few after ruining the kargil Camp Anne ! 



Feeling very nostalgic ...depressed 

Let's go outside and spend some time with the kids .


It's almost azan time as well so I also take break for prayers with a prayer for my dearly departed parents Papa and Ammi


May the dear merciful Lord All Mighty Allah have mercy on my dearly departed parents Papa and Ammi and may they be blessed by the dear merciful Lord All Mighty Allah and Their Souls may rest in peace in heaven. Amen!



Puisse le cher Seigneur miséricordieux Tout-Puissant Allah avoir pitié de mes chers parents papa et Ammi et qu'ils soient bénis par le cher Seigneur miséricordieux Tout-Puissant Allah et leurs âmes puissent reposer en paix au paradis. Amen!


4:34 pm Break ! 


5:57 pm The roads and streets are blocked by the police . For the Local bodies Elections Voters motivation seminar on Shahrah e Quaidein . 

This reminds of the two very new things I learned yesterday from social media ....



Do you know what  " Bump " means in the internet slang ....ya I thought so too ..


So yesterday on this Facebook group I watch these days for latest news about Karachi☠️ the most dangerous city in the world ,

There was a very serious post about locating the relatives of somebody in hospital emergency and all the ten twenty plus comments had nothing but 

Bump ...

I got shocked so I searched the Google ...and I found out that in a group chat ... Or page bump is a comment that brings the post to the top of the page so that as many people can see it and hopefully the right person sees it or somebody who knows see it ...and helps . That post is no longer on the top of the page so I guess they found the family . 




The other thing I mentioned above is that this Muharram 

There are tensions among the interfaith marriages . Due to Pandemic Covid-19 Corona lockdown the donations to the religious Enterprises fell sharply ...and many projects are facing budget cuts . Interfaith marriages are definitely the worst affected . 


So in desperate time people do desperate things like this 

Couple pictures all over the Twitter we have been seeing all Muharram where one person says ...I am sunny and the other says I am Shia..


Yesterday I saw a kid sitting in between them saying ...

I am SuShi 😋



Okay break time ...


Maghrib prayer with a prayer for my dearly departed parents Papa and Ammi


May the dear merciful Lord All Mighty Allah have mercy on my dearly departed parents Papa and Ammi and may they be blessed by the dear merciful Lord All Mighty Allah and Their Souls may rest in peace in heaven. Amen!



Puisse le cher Seigneur miséricordieux Tout-Puissant Allah avoir pitié de mes chers parents papa et Ammi et qu'ils soient bénis par le cher Seigneur miséricordieux Tout-Puissant Allah et leurs âmes puissent reposer en paix au paradis. Amen!



6:25 pm Break ! 



Sun 3rd Safar 1442 H

34°C

7:22 pm Good Evening ! 



So now it's like very very Quiet and Peaceful . I prayed 🛐 the maghrib prayer with a prayer for my dearly departed parents Papa and Ammi


May the dear merciful Lord All Mighty Allah have mercy on my dearly departed parents Papa and Ammi and may they be blessed by the dear merciful Lord All Mighty Allah and Their Souls may rest in peace in heaven. Amen!



Puisse le cher Seigneur miséricordieux Tout-Puissant Allah avoir pitié de mes chers parents papa et Ammi et qu'ils soient bénis par le cher Seigneur miséricordieux Tout-Puissant Allah et leurs âmes puissent reposer en paix au paradis. Amen!


Outside in the very very windless open . The tree leaves were very still . 


The rally seems to have moved on no sound of rhetoric or slogans can be heard now ...I don't think the police have moved the barricades and containers blocking our main roads and streets . Even the builder's extra-terrestrials are off road today ...


And now the Walls have ices ...is on the go ...but nobody making the sound . 


I am still in the lawn . No wind yet ...usually at this time on a Sunday we smell the bar be que ...nope not even that today ...



7:42 pm neighbors wake up turns on the street light . Construction worker starts the water draining pump . ...

No Sushi 🍣 yet ...I mean no foodpanda 🐼 rider yet ...


There is no wind but my forehead is not very sweaty .

There is no winter chill in the air we are not there yet 


The way things are going we will probably don't have a winter at all here in Karachi ☠️ the most dangerous city in the world.



The k electric has stopped the loadshedding in my neighborhood . Now is the time I mend my ways and get all the non Electric emergency lights , fans , ups , etc  fixed , repaired and 

Installed. 


8:00 Isha Azans have started . I am not hungry .

Dinner is ready and so is tea so I take tea ... can't sit here anymore ...the neighbors diesel and petrol trucks and jeeps are polluting the windless air . I am sure after staying locked indoors all Sunday they must be going out for very important business like buying yogurt , tomatoes and bread . 


Thank God I don't need to go out at all on a day like today .. okay a neighbor just called the KFC rider who is hesitant to come .... The restaurant riders are not coming without calling ....they want you to respect them . Or maybe they want us to come to their restaurant instead of ordering ...I am still studying it . Yesterday a rider did worse that this ...to me . I ordered through Foodpanda 🐼 they immediately kicked my order out to the restaurant rider who called from out of this world after half an hour to confirm my address and then arrived 7 minutes early . Called again from the gate . I told him you are early and showed him the count down on the mobile and he asked did order careem ? 

After a brief pause he tried to convince that I am from the Restaurant and not some App . 

 

Multi- tasking ? 

😊


So I hope whatever they decide is cheaper and more reliable ...



This could have been a very good lesson for me if only I had known this very fact I mentioned above . Brand loyalty or visit to the branch . 


Okay time for the prayer with a prayer for my dearly departed parents Papa and Ammi


May the dear merciful Lord All Mighty Allah have mercy on my dearly departed parents Papa and Ammi and may they be blessed by the dear merciful Lord All Mighty Allah and Their Souls may rest in peace in heaven. Amen!



Puisse le cher Seigneur miséricordieux Tout-Puissant Allah avoir pitié de mes chers parents papa et Ammi et qu'ils soient bénis par le cher Seigneur miséricordieux Tout-Puissant Allah et leurs âmes puissent reposer en paix au paradis. Amen!


8:44 pm Break ! 


11:23 pm okay so I don't understand this yesterday there was so much life and fireworks and excitement in the air ....today it's dark and silent . I went out on the street  to water my street plants and a car passed by and then everything as usual 

Nobody walking nobody talking , nobody jogging ....no pizza delivery no nothing ....is there a traffic jam somewhere in town or the city ? 


Or are people too tired watching the APC ( opposition conference ) coverage on the media all day . Since Musharraf there has not been so much Army bashing by the opposition in this country . But it's not the first time . 



Okay now a few minutes break and then I will do the movies and entertainment of the week . 

  Movies of the Week : 

  • Heatstroke (2008)Rated 3 turkey .....i thought it to be an Australian production ...was very disappointed to learn it was a Hollywood movie . thirty years ago i would have loved it ....
  • Before We Go (2014) Rated 8 stars


    Before Cable my town elders believed in and called it ….a Jewish Conspiracy .

    My decades of belief in the institution of marriage was shaken for a moment there .

    Just like it was in the true love after watching ekta Kapoor production kahin toh hoga ….season after season ….in the end I was so frustrated that I stopped watching that serial and was so glad when I heard it ended https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1494058/ .

  • Home Sweet Home (2020)Rated 10 stars 


    She went to the ball in a limo …and escaped in a small car ?

  • Kill Switch (2008)Rated 5 stars ......I am a natural born librarian ......no matter what you do you can't change it ....


    It is always such a fun to watch Mr Steven Seagal beating up crushing breaking jaws of smaller opponents in hand to hand fist fights

    Only here he seemed to have been given some very crappy bullets ….

  • Best Friend from Heaven (2017)Rated 8 stars .....Dog killed in this movie ....kids please don't watch it . 
  • Out of Control (1998)Rated 9 stars .....dedh ishqiya ki copy .....
  • Our Father’s Keeper (2020)Rated 10 stars .....fight against the Alzheimer.....
  • Bad Is Bad (2011)Rated 6 stars ....the boy finds his mothers rapist and recognise him ....from a small picture ....funny movie ....and an eye opener as well . 
  • Quicksand ( 2003 )Rated 7 stars ....its never easy to get out of that mess ....
  • Tie the Knot (2016)Rated 5 stars .....actually its a turkey ....



Okay this is it from the Movies of the Week ! 

So i guess this is it ....i am very sleepy ....my eyes are closing ....i can't sit straight any longer ....and there is just no point in keep going on ....so here i end this my the Sunday Blog # 233 ( Two Hundred and thirty three ) with a very favourite Song ....the video is from a live event ....but i am not sure if i have posted this song with the original video before or not ....if i have not then i will share that video too ....But to me this song is not about the video or how pretty the singer is ....this song is very very special ....Enjoy 


All the Best ! 

God Bless America ! 


Allah Hafiz ! 


  

Shania Twain - You're Still The One (Live)


You're Still the One

When I first saw you, I saw love
And the first time you touched me, I felt love
And after all this time
You're still the one I love, mmm, yeah
Looks like we made it
Look how far we've come my baby
We mighta took the long way
We knew we'd get there someday
They said, "I bet they'll never make it"
But just look at us holding on
We're still together still going strong
You're still the one I run to
The one that I belong to
You're still the one I want for life
(You're still the one)
You're still the one that I love
The only one I dream of
You're still the one I kiss good night
Ain't nothin' better
We beat the odds together
I'm glad we didn't listen
Look at what we would be missin'
They said, I bet they'll never make it
But just look at us holding on
We're still together, still going strong
You're still the one I run to
The one that I belong to
You're still the one I want for life
(You're still the one)
You're still the one that I love
The only one I dream of
You're still the one I kiss goodnight
You're still the one
Yeah (you're still the one)
You're still the one I run to
The one that I belong to
You're still the one I want for life
(You're still the one)
You're still the one that I love
The only one I dream of
You're still the one I kiss goodnight
I'm so glad we made it
Look how far we've come my baby

1 comment: