Pages

Sunday 19 July 2020

The Sunday Blog # 224

Today is the Sunday the 19th of July 2020 , the 27th of Ziqad 1441 H till the Sunset ( 7: 23 pm ; Karachi ) And this is my the Sunday Blog #224 ( Two Hundred and twenty four ) .

So the moon is waning into the dark dark moonless night to be born again ...this is a tough one for Mian Choudary Fawwad so let's see how he tweets because now i am absolutely not interested in the mulla' announcement of the Sighting or what day the Eid is celebrated in the neighborhood . Last year I did not go to Eid prayer because of the slippery road and because neighbors had not finished the argument . This year it's the vice versa .
I won't be looking at the road to know if it's slippery or dry ...and the neighbors can't change my mind. I say that they should not wait for me this time they must do it half an hour early than last time . As I would be fast asleep ...rain or shine .

The first congregation I will ever join will either be a Juma Mubarak prayer or the prayer at a funeral . Definitely not a Eid ul Azha prayer unless ofcourse it is after the Haj .

Technically I am not fully qualified to do the sacrifice ( Qurbani ) . As I am not fully on my feet and I do not have the offsprings to please . Rarely have I seen  Muslim adults doing Sacrifice ( Qurbani) of fully grown healthy beautiful Animals , Goats , Sheeps, Cows, Bulls and 🐪 Camels , who donot have stubborn ( ziddi) children , Crazy Wife or funny imposing neighbors and relatives . My interest in Eid ul Azha Sacrifice ( Qurbani) has always been limited to the fresh , unsuspicious , doubt free Halal meat . Every year I use to try to convince my siblings to let me have the full undivided meat of the fat tail sheep they were doing for me . But they always insisted that you can have two shares of the three but the third one for the poor has to go . But you know what ...from the two shares most of the meat was shared after cooking . I never ate the whole thing alone . Apart from the siblings everybody who visited on Eid or the weeks later were served from it . Our farm help and neighbors farm help and the poor beggers who knocked the door got both freshly cooked or the frozen leftovers .
So can somebody please calculate how much did I actual got . And how much extra money did I spend on the cooking stuff , rice , ghee , vegetables , spices , curd , and bread .

Feasting and eating meaty dishes are fun from September to March. Even that is shrinking at both ends here in Karachi ☠️ the most dangerous city in the world . Since the land and sea developments and cutting down green trees started . We may not have much rain here before that But this heatwave phenomenon is definitely very recent .

When Eid ul Azha moved into August . I personally lost interest in eating . For past three years , I have been saving  the fat tail ( chakti) of our Sheeps for better weather and then throw it away during spring defrosting and cleaning . It is one of the most difficult rituals of my life year after year . When my dear siblings see me sweating while eating the fat tail the first time it is cooked with the meat  they get worried ...Doctor Saab also start warning . So we agree not to cook it till better weather and that better weather never comes . The packet usually comes out during the spring defrosting and cleaning . And I know for sure it's not worth the try ....so I throw it away . It is always my personal decision ...

This year the infamous Covid-19 pandemic lockdown has created a huge gulf between our family and the Mulla' s clan ...so I really don't expect any fat tail Sheeps eating plants in my garden or pissing in my lawn on ant of the three days of Eid ul Azha 1441 H .
So I will make sure we have enough K &N's chicken to survive this Eid ul Azha with hate and regret . As there is very little chance of getting sacrifice meat ( Qurbani ka Gosht) from family , friends and neighbors . At least on the first day . Never thought the day would come in my life when I would be okay with it .

2:00 pm Break

2:57 pm So apart from a few YouTube , Facebook and tiktok videos I have no real jankari of the maveshi oh sorry ...Asia ki Subse Bari Maveshi Mandi ...with just thirteen or less days to go ...my neighborhood does not seem to have any  similarity with the previous years thirteen day to go . The gangs of wasseypur that used to run around the neighborhood with the Beasty animals every night till the day are nowhere to be ..seen . No road blocks have appeared so far ....no jhankar beats from the adornment of the sacrifical animals yet . Last evening two kids half heartedly entered our street with probably the first cow of the neighborhood but turned back after watching the remnants of the Covid-19 pandemic lockdown . Strangely most of our neighbors are inspired by the builder mafia demolition work and the vacant plot . They have started home improvements and car maintenance . The stuff that most Muslims do three months earlier before Ramzan in Shaban . Some are doing pre or during the rain repairs . While few just trying desperately to look busy . You know Stay Safe , Stay Home , and Work from Home sounds so good if you are a fully covered Governmental employee or a
Big corporate or multinational office worker . It even works for self employed upto certain limit . But for the big and small business owners and especially employers of others That looks Mighty suspicious . Everybody assumes according to their own  imagination nobody cares about the Dollar 💲 terms ...

Anyways ,
Life stays the same ..... Weather keeps changing.

This Friday we had the second monsoon bashing ... suburbs also had a pre- qualifier a day early on Thursday . The thing about this special monsoon spell is that both times the rain came after extreme hot and humid weather and left everything totally as it was before . .


Okay it's almost fajr prayer time the Azans in the near by  mosques will start very soon.
So here I take a prayer break with a prayer for my dearly departed parents Papa and Ammi

May the dear merciful Lord All Mighty Allah have mercy on my dearly departed parents Papa and Ammi and may they be blessed by the dear merciful Lord All Mighty Allah and Their Souls may rest in peace in heaven. Amen!


Puisse le cher Seigneur miséricordieux Tout-Puissant Allah avoir pitié de mes chers parents papa et Ammi et qu'ils soient bénis par le cher Seigneur miséricordieux Tout-Puissant Allah et leurs âmes puissent reposer en paix au paradis. Amen

4:40 am Break

5:32 am After the breakfast ...now I am sweating very bad ...
Had this over cooked chickar Choley ...looks more like chicken hummus ....so that is how a new dish was invented ....some Jewish Arab left a bucket of chicpea in the dessert ...it rained and then the 🌞 sun came out ...and by the time the lazy Jew got up ....his brunch was ready ...and when the whole tribe ate it ....most of them made a sound that almost sounded .... Hummus !

Anyways ...if there is nothing serious to add ...I better move the movies of the week ....

There is only one movie in the movies of the week ....
The Bestille Day ...
It is the Bestille Day week ...and on that day I was searching for the tour de France ( le tour ) 2020 when I accidentally started watching this movie in French ... It is an action thriller involving the Offshore CIA agency stationed in Paris France around the Bestille Day .
A political opposition tries to bomb the office to make a statement ...but the girl they hire for the job sees the office cleaning staff and runs off with the bomb and tells her friend on the phone that there were people in that building and that she cannot do it and wanted to throw the bomb in the river .
After the call she drops the phone in the bag and as she tries to get her focus ....an American pickpocket who has been watching her ...snatches her bag with the bomb . He take the phone from the bag and throws the bag with the bomb without suspecting at a nearby garbage can . The moment he throw the bag it explode killing and injuring people ...a CCTV camera catches his face very clear before the explosion so he becomes the prime suspect .
From the explosion he gets minor bruise and is able to get up and run .
The CIA finds him before the bombers and the French police ...and together they finds the girl .

Okay I need to sleep now ...

Bye
No dreams ...

6:10 am Break !



1:04 pm Good Afternoon !
I had breakfast before sleeping so there is no need for the Brunch or lunch ...but thanks anyways 🙉

Here is the morning tweet of the day .....

Sun 27th Ziqad 1441 H
35°C
12:55 pm Good Morning !
Clear Blue sky with scattered white clouds ...yes exactly  ...wonder why ?
The graveyard farm help is knocking on the door and nobody has the change 😭
Back to Sunday Blog ...


Something is really wrong today ...
We have no change and the foodpanda 🐼 has Rs 9 delivery for Shahid Afridi foundation ?
Must be one of those days ...or the bahria town generator basement must be flooded with rain water.

Anyways ,

So , despite everything we have three new food joints listed on the delivery and pick-up foodpanda 🐼 list in the walking distance . A Desi , a Chinese and a sweet craving ...funny all three are extremely tempting but I am being stubborn like a devil 😈

So anyways the weather and Covid-19 pandemic lockdown is not allowing a lot of favorites . Morning walk , Sunday Halwa Puri , dahi ki lassi , Sunday bus rides , Nihari brunch , beef boti rolls and ice cream kulfi are just a few thing the list is very long ...some days I feel like this is no self control ...I am wasting my time .....but anyway it's better to be safe than sorry .

Okay then it's time for everything but this my the Sunday Blog#224 ( Two Hundred and twenty four ) . Like remaining sleep , snacks , bath , pray , recite and shopping .

So let's see what can and cannot do in the next hour break .
So here I take a break for prayer 🛐 with a prayer 🤲
For my dearly departed parents Papa and Ammi


May the dear merciful Lord All Mighty Allah have mercy on my dearly departed parents Papa and Ammi and may they be blessed by the dear merciful Lord All Mighty Allah and Their Souls may rest in peace in heaven. Amen!


Puisse le cher Seigneur miséricordieux Tout-Puissant Allah avoir pitié de mes chers parents papa et Ammi et qu'ils soient bénis par le cher Seigneur miséricordieux Tout-Puissant Allah et leurs âmes puissent reposer en paix au paradis. Amen


2:05 pm Break

3:05 pm very very sleepy ....but I prayed 🛐 and recited the 20th para of the Holy Quran. ...now I can easily khatam e Quran by Wednesday or Thursday ...before the first 13th Anniversary fateha 🌹

Very nice smell of roti bread and fried roti paratha is coming from the kitchen so I have locked the door ....not because I am wanted by the rain repairs as well .

Since we are talking about roti ...I can't help but mentioning that sometimes I do read the customers reviews on the foodpanda 🐼 and there are two joints that I am or I was specifically interested in ...one was a home cooking ...Ghar ka khaana ...and the other one was a doner gyro ( jero as insisted by some ) joint .

The Ghar ka khaana delivery charges Rs 19 only was getting full stars reviews ....everybody was appreciating the quality of food and the clean packing ..they were giving two roti with the main course ...I was this close from ordering when one day somebody commented ...after giving full stars review ....by the way you should have mentioned roti was a chappati ....so I would have ordered extra ....👷

Here it is ....sorry that comment is removed ...should have saved ...it was really very funny I can very much relate to it ...when you expect a naan and get a thin chappati ...🤣

Soon not sure if it was the very next day or not ...but very soon the roti was deleted from the menu ....

Khud ko jannat see nikala hua insaan samjha ...

Maybe I am taking it very seriously ...maybe it's just the urban flooding after the rain ....but I do hope they recover soon . And continue with more options 🤣

Don't remember ever having a gyro or shawarma ..there used to be a guy on the elphiston street corner we had a burger once while waiting for someone ...most probably Papa ( may his soul rest in peace in jannah Amen ! )

Anyways , this joint here near naheed gets all bad starless or single star reviews ... remind me of never working with a single star ....🦕

Reviews say ...taste bad , vegetables and ingredients rotten , size smaller , wrong order , delivered cold ....
One review that is most discouraging says ...we ordered chicken and the delivered meat we could not eat ....the interesting thing is that since they claim to be an American Frenchize ...the meat they say is imported from Germany .....
Indeed !


This Blog is not a foodpanda 🐼 review blog ....This is my the Sunday Blog # 224 ( Two Hundred and twenty four ) .

Sleep is gone ...I hope the lunch is over outside so let's unlock the door and help with the rain repairs and have fun and enjoy ...

3:59 pm Break

5:52 pm okay so during the break I helped with rain repairs at home ... Oiled the jammed corroded door locks ...and bought the dawn bread and burgers from the bahery on wheels rider . He was not very glad to see me because I had the change in my hand and I did not wait at my door for my turn ...instead I walked to him and demanded Dawn bread instead of the Lal neeli  bread ... First he hesitate then he took out the dawn bread from the secret compartment ...and charged extra Rs Five ...I asked if the price increased ?
He said no it the same ..but they don't give us the commission



...so now I am totally changeless ...unless I dig for the eidie lifafa.....yes there must be some very worn out Hundred and fifty rupees notes from paternal aunt ....

In the latest Geo Entertainment soap serial ...two sister in law were shown arguing on daughters engagement gift ...brides mother was really pissed at the color and quality of the cheap fabric brides aunt had gifted her daughter ...the other one was patiently listening try to admit to the heinous crime   .. after a while ...she said so you agree this gift is not worth it to be given to such a closed relative .... Remember this is the same gift you gave to  my son on his wedding ...I have kept it till now to give back on your daughter's happy moment .
Forward video to 18 minutes and enjoy 😁

Any ways I only enjoy the Geo Entertainment soap serials never learn to practice what they preach .

I have been born privileged...,
I skipped a meal this afternoon and there will be two to choose from at the dinner and if I skipped that too then the pile up will grow ...

Not anything like my peers or even the three pathans of PTI who proved the cliche proverb by a filthy rich and famous American wrong


Yes I am talking about
Tareen , Khan and Amir liaqat hussian ...and the famous cliche is...

Some are born great some achieve greatest and some hire public .....
Daniel Joseph Boorstin was an American historian at the University of Chicago who wrote on many topics in American and world history. He was appointed the twelfth Librarian of the United States Congress in 1975 and served until 1987. Wikipedia
Born: October 1, 1914, Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Died: February 28, 2004, Washington, D.C., United States
Spouse: Ruth Frankel Boorstin (m. 1941–2004)

Okay never mind the eidie lifafa ...I will go the market tomorrow and shop to earn the change ....I am a bread winner I can do it ...yes !


Time now for two prayers and reciting so here I take a break for prayer 🛐 with a prayer for my dearly departed parents Papa and Ammi

May the dear merciful Lord All Mighty Allah have mercy on my dearly departed parents Papa and Ammi and may they be blessed by the dear merciful Lord All Mighty Allah and Their Souls may rest in peace in heaven. Amen!


Puisse le cher Seigneur miséricordieux Tout-Puissant Allah avoir pitié de mes chers parents papa et Ammi et qu'ils soient bénis par le cher Seigneur miséricordieux Tout-Puissant Allah et leurs âmes puissent reposer en paix au paradis. Amen

6:33 pm Break


Sun 28th Ziqad 1441H
35°C
8:16 pm Good Evening !

The weather right now is much better ... Beautiful colourful clouds ... and light breeze ....I left the room door open ...so not only I can smell the pan fried something ...I can also hear the pan frying ....means I will have to break my beef sabbatical let's hope whatever it is the portion is small ...I can't afford to eat a lot of beef and then have prickly rash at all the odd places of the body . The street and neighborhood is extra silent and peaceful after Sunset ...the award winning international super model was picked up by the LEA commandos or people pretending to be .... They were in shoes I have been look for ...for rainy days ...
So I guess our neighbor has been shortlisted for the CM of Punjab ....Congrats
His farm help has also not been seen all day today ...did not even bring the left over ice for the neighbors heavily armed guard ( Google App) .
Their next door marketing strategy has not been seen since ...before the rain Friday ...last time I saw her she was wearing Abba ji's  dhoti ...calling her marketing strategy due to lack of jankari . Honestly if she had not been here I would have never ever found out the new neighbors and a few happily Mary old souls ....for days I was surprised why a neighbor who never even bothers to park his rented out street park was standing for hours installing car alarm ..not only to his ...but to his family and friends cars ....when he got relaxed .... The Covid-19 pandemic recovered neighbor happily married father of many born and unborn children suddenly realized that his car has seven batteries stolen and he should do something in his car standing on one foot coming back from the work every afternoon .

Dinner call ...got to go and take the pictures ...


8:40 pm Break

9: 20 pm Next to Aga medical store behind Tariq road their is a new food joint which serves lackhnovi food by the name of galouti kabab ...well I don't know about them because I am avoiding the new ones till the lockdown especially the crowded places and not recommended by anyone .but our kitchen has been serving the best and softest kababs for centuries . So who cares if it's beef or chicken as long as it is Halal and safe to eat . The smell was so great 😍 I had only one kebab with the roghni roti yes the small one and half a kebab to taste the salt as there was a complaint of too much salt in the round ones .... customer is always right ... isn't that what chef shayan yilmaz says in the urdu1 dubbed Turkish soap serial
Ek hassen intiqam .
The weekend episodes are uploaded I just can't wait to watch them . I knew that some day I will start cooking  again when I have no one to cook for me ...but watching this soap serial I might start doing it much earlier than I thought ....if only I could control this sweating .... And have plenty of water to wash and clean and cook . And a shower or swim before I eat . Yes Sri Lanka is a divine place .
God Bless America !

Unfortunately had only one visit to the market and was in a hurry to come back and recite so I could not bring the mangoes . And I am glad that I did not bring the mangoes for after the rain as you can see the moment rain stopped it became humid windless and the very next morning as the sun came out and loadshedding started ....it's getting worse ...the Ants and lizards have turned out kitchen and dining area into Jurassic Park ....never mind the sequel number ....a few cans of insecticide sprays can't help ...this is war ....we need bushels of insecticides and I am not even in favour of a can of spray ...I have survived the Ramzan and Eid and over a hundred days of infection free living ....harmfull insecticides could cause  respiratory track infection to me ...and I cannot take that risk at the moment .

10 : 18 pm Break

10:39 pm The Pakistani Aviation industry is in an Awesome mess ....tell me something new .
🤣
No I did not mean that 😂
Must have done something awfully bad to me that I missed . You know how much I loves the challenges like these but it breaks my heart 💔 that this time they won't even consider my biased opinion .....

Not okay but let's change the topic .

My room temperature did not change not even after two monsoon Rain spells so I am desperately waiting for a third spell ...the most amazing thing about this week's rain is that no building collapsed ...only a wall of a building or maybe just bricks fell on the cars parked under it ...nothing serious ....a police man who was involved in PSX shooting was electrocuted and petrol pumps are ordered to remain open 24H .
I have recently learned that petrol pumps don't work during loadshedding and they don't sell kerosene oil more commonly known as mitti ka tel . No idea why ?

Okay the very last hour of this my the Sunday Blog # 224 ( Two Hundred and twenty four )

Okay the next Sunday will be the last Sunday before the Eid ul Azha ... So we will know for sure about the maveshi count so far it's Zero for the Neighborhood .


Today I was asked about my intention and I replied that I have written it in this my the Sunday Blog # 224 ( Two Hundred and twenty four) .

Marketing 👻

Yes I cannot eat so much meat in this weather ...I can't let my cooking mafia cook so much meat in this hot weather ...and there is no way I can store the meat in our very old refrigerator with scheduled and unscheduled loadshedding and rain affected breakdowns for almost a month and maybe more ... The first thing on my mind these days is to survive this pandemic and that is the last thing as well . Praiseth the Lord All Mighty ALLAH Amen ! Willing if we survived this year I will think of a better excuse next year . Inshallah ( iA)
Can't promise for Eid milad as well like some do because it will be Swami ji's birthday on the same or next day ...I can't let isi use it as a threat . You know my policy about the Indian Muslim genocide or total annihilation is an internal affair which has to be dealt with democratically by their institution .

Thank God the All Mighty ALLAH Amen !
For we don't have the Dunia News anymore .

Okay final half hour the maveshi count of the neighborhood is still Zero .

So let's share the song video and wish every one well and take leave for the day .
Last week we had a faraz ghazal by mehdi Hassan Saab
So this week let's have a madame ' s Punjabi song

Everyones favorite
Okay it's almost time so let's end this my the Sunday Blog # 224 ( Two Hundred and twenty four) within time .

Allah taala aap sub ko apney hifz o amaan mein rakhay
Sehat aur khushhali ata farmaay ...barish enjoy karna naseeb karey
Aur merey Shar sey mehfooz rakhay

Ameen !

All the Best

Allah Hafiz



Main te mera dilbar jaani,
Buliyan te pyar kahani.
Sawanche aya e toofaan.
Mausam hoya e baimaan.

Main te mera dilbar jaani,
Buliyan te pyar kahani.
Sawanche aya e toofaan.
Mausam hoya e baimaan.

Main te mera dilbar jaani,
Buliyan te pyar kahani.

Shokh nazare dain gavahi,
Milke turr paye pyar de rahi.
Chan tak sare teri qasmein,
Main nahi sehni pal di judai.

Akhiyan ne khed rachai,
Kamli vi hosh bhulayi.
Zulfan vi hoyan pareshaan.
Mausam huya e beimaan.

Main te mera dilbar jaani,
Buliyan te pyar kahani.

Tere hath vich hath ve mere,
Har pase agg baldi jaye.
Main sarr bal ke umar guzaran,
Pyar nu koyi nazar na lawe.

Tapiyan ne sard hawawan,
Tenu main ki samjhawan.
Ban na e kanu anjaan.
Mausam huya e beimaan.

Main te mera dilbar jaani,
Buliyan te pyar kahani.
Sawanche aya e toofaan.
Mausam hoya e baimaan.

Main te mera dilbar jaani


میں تے میرا دلبر جانی،
ُبھلیاں تے پیار کہانی،
ساہواں وچ آیا ہے طوفان،
موسم ہویا اے بے ایمان

شوخ نظارے دیہن گواہی،
مِل کے ٹُرپئے پیار دے راہی،
جد تک ساہ نیں تیری قسمے،
میں نہی سہنی پل دی جدائی

اکھیاں نے کھیڈ رچائی،
کملی دی ہوش بُھلائی،
زلفاں وی ہوئیاں پریشان،
موسم ہویا اے بے ایمان

تیرے ہتھ وچ ہتھ نیں میرے،
ہر پاسے اگ بلدی جاوے،
میں سڑ بل کے عمر گزاراں،
پیار نوں کوئی نظر نا لاوے

تپیاں نیں سرد ہواواں،
تینوں میں کی سمجھاواں،
بننا اے کاہنوں انجان،
موسم ہویا اے بے ایمان

میں تے میرا دلبر جانی
۔۔
فلم - سالا صاحب 1981





1 comment: