Pages

Sunday 5 July 2020

The Sunday Blog # 222

Today is the Sunday, the 5th of July 2020, the 13th of Ziqad 1441H till the Sunset ( 7:25 pm ; Karachi ☠️) And this is my the Sunday Blog# 222 ( Two Hundred and twenty two) .

We have survived the fourth of July 2020 here in Karachi☠️ but it must be a long way to go in most of the United States and a little less in France . So Anyways Happy Fourth of July 🎇🎆🎉🎊🎁

And thanks for all the reminders ....honestly i am in a very different State of mind . Every dot seems to a world in its own right . And most of then on the dark side .
The good thing about the daily morning tweet is that no matter how late I do it ...I usually am way early for across the globe half way ...

So Anyways today is the Hundred and fifth day of lockdown here in Karachi ☠️
And the 3rd (18th) day of the 2nd Smart lockdown in my neighborhood . There can be a difference of one in the numbers because the commissoners office was waiting for instructions from the Federal Government so I believe .

During the previous Smart lockdown our main roads were blocked so there was a panic traffic inside the streets of all those who usually use these main roads to avoid the traffic jams going home from  work  or the vice versa from or to the other areas and towns . Since they had no business here in our neighborhood nobody cared and only sympathize and let them pass , some locals and our neighbors heavily armed guard (Google app ) even helped and guided them to find their way out of the Smart lockdown area.

The worst affected were the delivery riders🎡 . Throughout the first smart Lockdown I prayed 🙏 and thanked the dear merciful Lord All Mighty ALLAH Amen! That I was not in their shoes , in their helmets⛑️ , on their bikes , in their masks 😷
In this heat ....☀️

Honestly finding their destination holding a cheap Chinese Mobile with poor data connection no wifi and an absolutely childish App is absolutely impossible in our neighborhood normally without the help of people on the street like our neighbors heavily armed ( Google App) now imagine main roads blocked by police .

So anyways all day yesterday I wonder why the traffic on our street was very little ....and our ( Google App) remained in active despite it being a Saturday ... Just before midnight when I went to lock the door I accidentally stepped out on the absolutely empty street and saw a vacant funeral tent down the lane .....and so that explains .

There was nobody on the street not even the (Google App) on the street that never sleeps for me to ask what is the funeral tent for ...a part of the 2 nd Smart lockdown ,
Betting booth for the English  series or did somebody died ?
The house being demolished in the neighborhood had a very slow and silent day which was not possible for the first two so this means that somebody definitely died and most probably related to the builder mafia or the investors . GOD the All Mighty ALLAH Amen ! is GREAT ! Amen !

It's 2 am which means that we have missed the first scheduled loadshedding of the Day
So here I take a break and recharge my mobile before it s charging is finished .

2:02 Break !

2:55 am okay so talking about the delivery riders .... foodpanda 🐼 as an equal opportunity provider remains firm despite my reservations ...
They keep both side of the picture on the same delivery page of their latest updated App .
Yes the poor selfish people who cooks food for themselves in their kitchen but shares it with the needy for a less than market price

Versus

The popular superstars celebrities who begs for others but use it for themselves to maintain their lifestyles and donot let their fans and the nation be disappointed .




Anyways I cannot blame foodpanda 🐼 for  this because yesterday when I put the very same question to my dear elder siblings during a Facebook Meetup ...I got a 1-1 vote not a unanymous opinion . Still I am not fully against the begging by or in the name of popular former celebrities . All I want is that food panda 🐼 spares me and gives me the freedom to choose the meals from the meal options without testing my mental health Everytime I try to order a cheap meal .

By the way can you believe that in the past hundred days of lockdown ....so many food providers both from their homes ( Ghar ka Khanna) and from the market ( restaurants) come and go ....closed or breakup with foodpanda 🐼 for whatever the reason ....But the ones on the other side remains firm . Not a single one give up or breakup .

How encouraging ?

Okay I have been watching CNN today which has moved up the Corona Deaths counter to make space for the Fourth of July  fireworks countdown ..still more than an hour away .

Today the first lady appeared twice both times in White dress 👗

Melania Trump wears unusual £1900 dress created by London students for Independence Day

 Amazing isn't it .....

After this new development is it too much to ask for a remake of the movie Bruce Almighty ???

Okay it's almost 4 am here I take a fajr break with a prayer for my dearly departed parents Papa and Ammi


May the dear merciful Lord All Mighty Allah have mercy on my dearly departed parents Papa and Ammi and may they be blessed by the dear merciful Lord All Mighty Allah and Their Souls may rest in peace in heaven. Amen!


Puisse le cher Seigneur miséricordieux Tout-Puissant Allah avoir pitié de mes chers parents papa et Ammi et qu'ils soient bénis par le cher Seigneur miséricordieux Tout-Puissant Allah et leurs âmes puissent reposer en paix au paradis. Amen!

4:00 am Break

5:39 am


6:40 am if there is anything in this world that can not be given up or replaced by something else , this is it !
Yes a breathtaking well planned fireworks display is something I could never stop loving , grow up or grow old .

So the interesting news is that today I have no movies of the week to share here ...
Yes this week I didnot watch a single movie . Must be awfully depressed on the sixth death Anniversary of my dearly departed Ammi may her soul rest in peace in jannah Amen !

This holy month of July began with the fateha 🌹 and will end on Eid but somewhere in between is the first 13th Death Anniversary of Papa . May his soul rest in peace in jannah Amen !
By first I mean according to the lunar Islamic calender month of Zilhij the second according to the English calender will be in December. In just 13 years the difference it has come down to July and in 27 years it will be back in December . So anyways my eyes are now totally shut and the mobile will fall from my hands any second so it's good night or subha bakhir ...
Bye !

😴


2:37 pm Na qissanra peeray kamil , kamilanra rahnuma ....

Lagta hai haddi pheir phans gaie hai .....? 🦕

Every year when they put up the maveshi Mandi on the highway one or the other chaddi buddy of Papa , may his soul rest in peace in jannah Amen !
Or somebody pretending to be him calls on the landline and inquires , for a day or two sometime even a week we feel nostalgic even angry and then become normal .
This year nothing is the same because of the Pandemic covid-19 Corona Deaths. We can't help feeling nostalgic but i for one am definitely not angry by that call today infact i am very glad to hear that some chaddi buddy or somebody who knew so much is still alive
Mugambo khush hua 😷

First tweet of the day...

Sun 13th Ziqad 1441H
36°C👹
2:26 pm Good Morning / Afternoon.
It is a very Quiet and Peaceful Sunday afternoon. While sitting in the lawn reciting the 17th Para of the Holy Quran , i heard only one outgoing no incoming traffic only one vendor mango Wala sound
Feeling step ahead


Yes I woke up with the azan had tea then bath and prayed 🛐 and Recited for my dearly departed parents Papa and Ammi

May the dear merciful Lord All Mighty Allah have mercy on my dearly departed parents Papa and Ammi and may they be blessed by the dear merciful Lord All Mighty Allah and Their Souls may rest in peace in heaven. Amen!


Puisse le cher Seigneur miséricordieux Tout-Puissant Allah avoir pitié de mes chers parents papa et Ammi et qu'ils soient bénis par le cher Seigneur miséricordieux Tout-Puissant Allah et leurs âmes puissent reposer en paix au paradis. Amen!


Our kitchen is alive now I can smell a paratha or something oily on the pan ....got to go and help her taste the salt ....see ya after the Sunday Brunch...Lunch....Tea time ....

3:04 pm Break

4:22 pm My plan was to recite another para of the holy Quran ...need to finish it this week and start the next one before the weekend ...so help me God the All Mighty ALLAH Amen !

My siblings who are on medicines have to eat  regularly to take medicines regularly ....so whenever they eat I have to eat with them whatever they are eating or they would Foodpanda 🐼 before the next meal to lure me ....that disturbs my schedule either way ...a catch 22 it is indeed .

This week with the fruits for fateha some small tiny sample mangoes came fruit Wala must be short of change ...anyways nobody touched it because of the prickly rash ...the met office announced the arrival of monsoon ...and rains and dark thunderous clouds later this week ...with the ongoing loadshedding and high tension breakdowns ....we are doomed ! ⚔️

The bad news is that this ongoing loadshedding is because Shanghai Electric is back once again to buy controlling shares of Karachi ☠️ Electric .... Good luck !

Work is believed to have resumed on the Nuclear Power plants after India released the equipment and the Corona infected Chinese Engineers returned to Karachi☠️

Hope the Green line BRT projects work also finishes before Muharram 1442 . Hopefully if I survived the Chinese occupation of Karachi ☠️ i seriously plan to rent a cow or Buffalo shed in surjani cattle sheds and will go there every morning after fajr prayer on the green line BRT and milk my cow or Buffalo ....aik dam mast plan hai naa ?

Sorry USAID I can't dream of having a real life Farmville farm of my own in a land where kids are too mentally challenged to play the PUBG

Oh no the bakery on wheels is here and I have washed my sleeping suit . If He saw me in these rags he will probably break an egg before giving it to me ....😁

Okay so it's time for the prayer break ...
So here I take a break for prayer 🛐 with a prayer for my dearly departed parents Papa and Ammi

May the dear merciful Lord All Mighty Allah have mercy on my dearly departed parents Papa and Ammi and may they be blessed by the dear merciful Lord All Mighty Allah and Their Souls may rest in peace in heaven. Amen!


Puisse le cher Seigneur miséricordieux Tout-Puissant Allah avoir pitié de mes chers parents papa et Ammi et qu'ils soient bénis par le cher Seigneur miséricordieux Tout-Puissant Allah et leurs âmes puissent reposer en paix au paradis. Amen!

5:14 pm Break



7:01 pm So i finished the 18th para ....I can read one more ...but then I won't be able to see clearly ...
Suddenly the weather has changed ....very Windy and cloudy
need to go to the market for kitchen essentials and my munch junk but first I had two butter parathas with Malai boti and then pakoras with tea ....
Over eating made me sweaty and hot ...so I drank too much chilled water and now you can imagine ...I can't even move ....
Okay it's time for Azan
So here I take a prayer break with a prayer for my dearly departed parents Papa and Ammi
May the dear merciful Lord All Mighty Allah have mercy on my dearly departed parents Papa and Ammi and may they be blessed by the dear merciful Lord All Mighty Allah and Their Souls may rest in peace in heaven. Amen!
Puisse le cher Seigneur miséricordieux Tout-Puissant Allah avoir pitié de mes chers parents papa et Ammi et qu'ils soient bénis par le cher Seigneur miséricordieux Tout-Puissant Allah et leurs âmes puissent reposer en paix au paradis. Amen!
7:24 pm Break
Sun 14th Ziqad 1441H
36°C
9:35 pm Good Evening !
The weather outside this hot and humid room is really cool when I walk outside from here it feels like I walk into the air-conditioning ...
The is also really very great ...the neighbors were shifting some junk so I heard the noises and when I went to check , I saw the Awesome moon ...the clouds or the haze that I thought was clouds has cleared so I can see the moon and sky and some stars clearly ...but you know Karachi ☠️ sky and weather is very unpredictable so you never know how it will be in the next hour and next town .
The Satta $$ association of the neighborhood is a little panicked tonight ...before the English series ...so they probably have a news that I don't ...I am awfully relaxed without the net and cable ...in the past four months since we breakup with the cable company this is probably the Seventh time they have shutdown our Cable connection ...Net was never Restored it has a Tenth of the Month payment policy ....so let's see if the cable is fully gone this time or something comes up and needs to be known by me ...
If we survived the summer and monsoon ...I will definitely buy a cheap Chinese Android TV and watch Hallmark tv movies until they demolished the ghetto next door ....😎
Doctor Saab and my youngest nephew has continuous fever . No medicine seems to be working .... Doctor Saab had to take a Corona virus test because they check his temperature with the infrared thermometer at the hospital entrance . I have been told that it was not positive . Praiseth the Lord All Mighty ALLAH Amen !
It has been rumoured that typhoid fever is on the rise in the City due to poor sanitation , water contamination and the Animals coming in the maveshi Mandi .
Most Eid ul Azha enthusiasts have already decided not to keep the meat in the deep freezers this Eid due to the long hours and unbelievable loadshedding .  The SOPs suggested by a group of Mulla are absolutely impractical for a huge mega polis like Karachi ☠️
So the coming month will be really interesting . Let's pray that the cable is not restored this time .
One thing is for sure ....if people we know gave away all their meat to the poor or left it at the madrassa seminary then ...they would increase the pressure on us to do the qurbani and save ours for them . Wasiq yateem ka maal khaney ka Maza hee kuch aur hai ....
Khaney se yaad aya.....
Today by not order takeaway from foodpanda 🐼 due to typhoid alert ...I saved a definite thousand rupees ....Kya daan kardoun Shahid Afridi foundation ko ....?
Or save it to buy mangoes 🍋 and mortein insect spray after the promised rain .
I wonder if I will get a chance to wear my new Eid Suit on the coming Eid . On the previous Eid I was mad at Mulla for not opening the mosque for Juma Mubarak Prayers and regular Taravee Prayers so I wore the old  washed cotton suit and went to the graveyard and came back and sleep . Nobody came and I did not have to change . So once again when the nation will force the markets to open for Eid shopping ...I am ready all I need to do is unwrap and iron it . I also have new packed undergarments as well . And come to think of it I remember I even have very new never used pair of matching slippers . I bought it when mine was stolen from the mosque after Juma Mubarak Prayers .
I got so mad after finding my slippers missing at my regular spot that after making sure it was nowhere to be find inside the mosque ...I walked bare feet to the nearest Bata store which was luckily open or just opening ....and picked the first pair of slippers on the rack that caught my eye put it on ...paid the price at the counter took the empty box in the shopper and off I go on my way home .
Later on when I got normal I realised that it had a toe and cannot be worn with a sock . I usually wear the rubber slippers without a toe you know where all foot fingers and toe is together .
So anyways I don't need to go Eid shopping and with so many deadly virus and bacterias on the loose , I don't even want to go check out the new trends .
I have missed the dinner tonight because I wanted to finish this my the Sunday Blog # 222 ( Two Hundred and twenty two ) on time before the mid night .
Thank God the All Mighty ALLAH Amen !
That I was not called for the dinner maybe because I firmly made an excuse and told that I am full and cannot eat tonight .
So it's the last hour before the midnight and there are so many things on my mind that I want to add to this blog but I cannot decide where to start and how to end ....
Ah I wasted five minutes in just thinking ...okay nevermind
So today I have already chosen the song and video of the song I want to share here today and take leave .
It is from the musical called" the labyrinth" by David Bowie starring Jennifer Connolly .
From the eighties ...when we had single tv channel for families only... one fine weekend instead of a Hollywood Western blockbuster  PTV showed the full musical . My English was never good but I never forgot this ....so here it is ...
Enjoy it and pray for me and my dear ones 🙏
May the dear merciful Lord All Mighty ALLAH Amen !
Make this city clean and it's citizens healthy and prosperous
Amen !
God Bless America !
Allah Hafiz !


There's such a sad love
Deep in your eyes A kind of pale jewel
Open and closed Within your eyes
I'll place the sky
Within your eyes

There's such a fooled heart
Beatin' so fast
In search of new dreams
A love that will last
Within your heart
I'll place the moon
Within your heart

As the pain sweeps through,
Makes no sense for you
Every thrill is gone
Wasn't too much fun at all,
But I'll be there for you
As the world falls down

Falling
Falling down
Falling in love

I'll paint you mornings of gold
I'll spin you Valentine evenings
Though we're strangers 'til now,
We're choosing the path
Between the stars
I'll leave my love
Between the stars

As the pain sweeps through,
Makes no sense for you
Every thrill is gone
Wasn't too much fun at all,
But I'll be there for you-ou-ou
As the…


1 comment: